Sunday, August 12, 2007

Has it really been that long?

Lord I just looked at my blog - it's been months since I wrote.

Now, what's been happening? Dylan has been assigned his new school, he started football, swimming, watching Power Rangers....good lord, I am amazed at how quickly he is growing up.

We watched a show tonight, Trumpton, a kids show I remember from my childhood. It was amazing. Like being in 1975 again. The people on TV looked like they did when I was a kid, the firemen and the mayor and all the major players were there....the man that winds the townhall clock was in it. It was so cool for me to feel how it felt when I was five, to remember the net curtains in our living room, my mother ironing in the kitchen, the way the kitchen was laid out - it's not like that now, she went a bit "yuppie" and made it look cramped. It use to be nice. Anyway....the point here is, my kid hated it, LOL. He is WAY more grown up then I was at his age.

Poor Dylan kept gently trying to say we needed to turn over ("Mom, I don't like this, turn over so I can watch Spiderman") and I kept saying "wait a minute darling...(mommy is having a flashback)".

I'm sure the world was a lot more innocent when I was a kid, but maybe not. The credit on the show said 1967, wow, so it was almost 10 years old when I saw it. Maybe nothing changes in your head until you start seeing the world.

Anyway, that'll do for now. Dan is having one of his "yay country!" moments, and I can't think with all the hillbilies and guitars flying around in here.

I'm off to watch some meteors. Night night xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter
Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter