Monday, June 19, 2006

Wish me luck.

I did something bold. Not something I am usually renowned for, not since my great "Shirley Valentine" flit back in '99 anyway :)

I applied for a new job with a HUGE pay cut.

It was just one of those things. I don't actively "hate" my current job, but I have to get up to early and travel to far to get there. No one really cares about our department and that makes it hard to care about going. I am off more then I am there really. Bad girl.

It was more a gentle slide into absenteeism then an active decision - it just sort of happened, then it happened again. erm, and again....you know how that goes.

So, I decided to stop being unhappy and get a new job. I applied at The Salvation Army. For several reasons:

1) It's two streets from my house.
2) It's the same building as Dylan's nursery.
3) It's the church we go to - Dylan insists we go, and having been brought up Christian, I don't object, in fact I feel like I have gained extra God-points when I go.

I don't expect it works like that but I think God knows what I mean. It's like that happy feeling when you've been to see your kid in his first Nativity play, even though he didn't say his line ("We must see the baby") and even though he did suck the microphone when it was held in front of him causing everyone in the audience to giggle.

I made that darn shepherd costume with my own two hands, a stripey curtain and a real live needle and thread - not like some other mommies who *clearly* bought the Walmart "Instant Shepherd" pack with fake lamb - but hey that's cool too, at least you took your kid along and let him join in. I just get to feel more righteous then you

So anyway....I applied to be a secretary for The Salvation Army and I am happy. At least I feel like I did something worthwhile tonight that might change my life. Of course this will mean I have to work a night job stacking shelves, but that's got to be worth a few God-points too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter
Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter