Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Junk Yard Dogs.

I'm in a definate 'junk yard dog' state of mind today.

My world is conspiring against me and today I almost lost it at work. Well, I say 'lost it' but technically I would have gladly given it away to the right person. What exactly do we lose when we've lost it anyway? our grip on reality? our sanity? our composure? probably all of them. Anyway, I'd have given them all up this afternoon and spent my days happily talking to a wall, wearing a cosy fitting jacket.

Just once, just once before my life is done, I promise to lose it in public. Whatever it is.

So I'm at work. Mike has requested a large refund be sent to a customer, I am authorising refunds. I look at the case and realise that he has made a mistake. I email him to tell him that I have rejected his refund. He calls me and tells me he doesn't understand why I have rejected it. I tell him I don't think it's right, but if he does, then he needs to get a manger to sign that they agreed with him. He wasn't convinced so we asked M. She was the only manager in the office at the time. Mine had gone AWOL.

Anyway, M decides we need to send the client a letter - and she tells me to do it! Excuse me?? I am the one that found the error that Mike made, I just saved the company some money, he was about to refund the client money that wasn't owed to him. Make him do the friggin letter.

I wrote the letter, it wasn't worth the hassle of fighting with her over it, but I was in a 'Fire Starter' mood, and all my work colleagues knew it. I sat down and immediately got two emails, David's said:

From: D. C***g
Sent: 01 August 2006 14:59
To: S. Gilbey
Subject:

No need to say it. I agree.
Yours Sincerely,
Mr D C***g
Council Tax Officer

Sue's said:

From: S. P*****s
Sent: 01 August 2006 14:59
To: S. Gilbey
Subject:

BET U WISH U NEVER ASKED!!!!!!!!

Mrs S.P*****s
Council Tax Officer


I reckon they were both right. I said thank you to them and tried to redirect my anger into a bath tub of water "back off! back off!". I'm not sure if I will talk to my boss about it tomorrow. Maybe M will tell him I was offhand with her, but then again, I think she will realise the error of her ways and maybe come see me tomorrow with some BS story about how Mike has targets and I don't. Well lucky me.

Anyway, my kid wanted to go out on his bike tonight :) I love that he's growing up but I do so miss my baby. He's lined his hoovers up in his room, I just looked because he was being to quiet. He's asleep, in bed. The Hoovers are on parade. I guess his work was done, and I guess mine is too.

Time to forget about it and relax. Thanks for listening.

Sue x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter
Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter