Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bad Mommy Syndrome.

Aww we've all done it. You tell your kid off then break your heart looking at his/her little face like "what did I do that was so bad?" - what he did do was pretty bad, but it wasn't worth getting that look, so I took him out on his "big boy" bike for the first time on the sidewalks.

Oh that boy was so proud of himself, he came home saying "I was a good boy, my daddy will be proud of me!" and I could have squished him to bits, he was just so thrilled! Fortunately, Dan was standing in the kitchen and got to see him ride in through the back gate so he saw him riding his bike. I love my boys.

It's been an odd weekend. We didn't do much. Dan wasn't feeling great so he stayed in his office (where he is happiest) and Bu and I played in the garden. I let him run riot while I read "The Secret Life Of Bees" - mainly because the title was so like my blog. I found it in a charity shop last week. It was good actually. Usually books that you buy on a whim are rubbish, some of my worse books were bought because they had a cool title or I liked the cover picture. I should learn to buy stuff that won Pulitzer prizes, at least you know they are going to be worth your time.

Anyway, today we went to the car boot sale with my dad, a usual little Sunday ritual. We bought a bag of door knobs. OMG I must be getting old. I bought a bag of door knobs and I am pleased with them. Disproportionately pleased actually. I love them! they are the old china type, with flowers on them. My dad, who sold us this house, clearly hated them, mainly because he knows how much he paid for all the existing door knobs - all the more reason to get those bad boys fitted :) I hate being 36 years old and having my dad look down on me like I am 9 and bought something silly with my pocket money. So, tomorrow night I will be fitting china door knobs. I might even take a picture and post it. Wanna see my door knobs? no of course you don't and that's entirely because I am older then you and obviously a lot sadder.

Anyway, we spent the evening cleaning our the fish, three of our four tanks, including the 6ft one. The fish in there are neat and funny, I never really thought fish were that impressive, but our fish are armoured and they eat cucumber out of your hand. I might post a picture of that. That's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter
Official Fan Site of Dexter
Offical Fan Site of Dexter